Thursday, January 11, 2007

Return to Nashville

Well, I was informed yesterday that we will be going to Nashville the next TWO weekends. My Jag has been messing up for awhile now, and my husband thinks that the only person who can work on it is our former mechanic in Smyrna. So, we'll leave Friday night and come back sometime Saturday both weekends. A three hour trip just to get my car fixed. I love that car, though. Wouldn't take anything for it. The good thing is, maybe I'll be able to see some friends. The other good thing is I don't have to have my house 'spotless' since mom won't be coming down!

Watched Nashville Star tonight. Angela Hacker, one of the contestants, was a year ahead of me in high school. She always was a good singer, but we didn't get along for some reason. I can't even remember why. Isn't it funny how when you look back at that part of your life, all the petty things we did? Or, at least I did. If only I knew then what I know now!! My husband always laughs at me when I talk about people I went to school with. He'll say 'Did you not like ANYBODY?', my reply is always, 'Either that or they didn't like me'. I tried SO hard to 'fit in' back then. Why did we think we had to? What did that teach us for out adult lives? How to make fun of people, and alienate them? Oh, well. I just hope I raise better kids than that. I don't even want to send my kids to a public school, because as bad as it was when I was going, it's three times as worse now.

Just glad I don't have kids to have to worry about that just yet. But my time will come.

Oh, well. I've still got Tara.

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Dear Scarlett,

Think you will be able to make the crop next Fri night?

RockYou Widget